We are dedicated professionals who provide responsive legal services with honesty and integrity. We take great pride in our commitment to serve our clients and yield cost savings results. Our lawyers are committed to listening to our clients’ needs, developing a strategy that meets our clients’ goals, and using our experience and knowledge to achieve the best outcomes.
Caroline Song Lloyd, Esq.
Ms. Lloyd graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in English from UC Irvine and a Juris Doctor from University of La Verne College of Law. She is an experienced attorney with a demonstrated history of working in Workers’ Compensation, Civil Litigation, General Corporate Counsel, and Business Development.
This experience allowed her to understand the breadth of liability that employers face, both civilly and in workers’ compensation, and also enabled her to give better counsel to clients. Throughout her varied legal experience, however, Workers’ Compensation Defense is where she feels most confident in and capable of aggressively representing the interests of her clients.
Ms. Lloyd is national public speaker who spoke at the National Court Reporters Association (NCRA) National Convention & Expo five times between 2015-20, and at the Deposition Reporters Association (DRA) Conference in 2017. Ms Lloyd was selected to the 2020 and 2021 Superlawyers Southern CA Rising Starts List, an honor reserved for only 2.5% of attorneys in southern california. In her spare time, she is an active member of the NCRA Ethics Committee.
Accolades & Associations
- 2021 Superlawyers Rising Stars List
- 2020 Superlawyers Rising Stars List
- Los Angeles Bar Association, Member
- LA Lawyer Magazine, Member of the Editorial Board
- National Court Reporters Association (NCRA) Ethics Committee, Board Member
Articles & Presentations
- Denying Claims in California, presented August 2020
- Hot Topics in Ethics Panel, presented August 2020 at NCRA National Convention & Expo
- Hot Topics in Ethics Panel, presented August 2019 at NCRA National Convention & Expo
- Emerging Trends in WCAB, presented June 2019
- Technological Advancements in Discovery with Alex Borchert, Esq. from Thompson Reuters, presented August 2018 at NCRA National Convention & Expo
- Technological Advancements in Discovery, presented January 2018 at NCRA Firm Owners Executive Conference
- Technological Advancements in Discovery, presented August 2017 at NCRA National Convention & Expo
- You are Sitting on a Goldmine and You Don’t Even Know It, presented February 2017 for Deposition Reporters of California
- Technological Advancements in Discovery, presented August 2016 at NCRA National Convention & Expo
John Paul Castro
Mr. Castro was born and raised in Southern California. He has been in the workers’ compensation industry for over 20 years. He started by working for the copy service CVC legal (formally Micro Quick) and eventually worked his way up to becoming a marketing manager. He then became director of marketing for the court reporting company, Todd Olivas and Associates, where he focused on client relations. He played an integral role in organizing and rolling out TOA University, as well as hosting events. In addition, he helped establish the TOA Storytellers, a podcast for people in the industry to tell their personal stories, struggles, achievements, and how they got to where they are now.
His primary responsibility at the D.A. Firm is to build new client relationships and continue to foster strong ties between our firm and our clients. This is anything but labor, as Mr. Castro truly enjoys working with people. He treats clients like family, and he does not let the family down.
Mr. Castro and his wife have been married since 2014 and have two daughters and a newborn son. He and his family enjoy traveling and going to the beach. The Castro family are huge LA FC soccer fans and are season ticket holders; they never miss a home game.
Gilad R. Berkowitz, Esq.
Mr. Berkowitz graduated with a Juris Doctor from Duke University School of Law, and a dual honors degree in Political Science and Psychology from the University of Michigan. As an associate attorney with the DA FIRM, Mr. Berkowitz brings with him prior experience working as Applicant’s counsel in a large Los Angeles based law firm.
This experience allows him to bring a unique perspective to defending the interests of insured employers, third party administrators, and insurance carriers. Additionally, Mr. Berkowitz has an extensive background in civil litigation, and contract negotiation which assists in his practice as a defense attorney for the DA FIRM.In his spare time, Mr. Berkowitz enjoys watching basketball, playing tennis and maintaining care of his exotic fish tanks.
Ms. Covarrubias is an accomplished Paralegal with a strong background and broad experience in Workers Compensation. She has assisted a variety of attorneys with their immense caseloads providing 100 percent dedication, passion, and success.
Ms. Covarrubias has over 7 years of experience in this field and very familiar with Workers Compensation procedures including the administrative tasks of legal research, managing calendars, and preparing documents.
Even though Ms. Covarrubias is passionate about her work she is more passionate being a wife and mother to two wonderful children. She enjoys traveling and is an extreme baseball fan. Go Dodgers!